Top 10 Women Athletes of Olympic 2008
2. Heather Mitts - Heather Mitts is a petite 5-foot-5, but she�s known for being a ferocious defender on the soccer field. She�s also known for being one of the hottest female althletes in any sport. In fact, users of ESPN.com voted her the �Hottest Female Athlete� in 2004, beating out tennis star Anna Kournikova. She�s also been drooled over in magazines like FHM (above), Maxim and Stuff � and on-air as a reporter for ESPN2. Mitts and team will square off against Canada in the quarter-finals tomorrow.
3. Allyson Felix - Allyson Felix is trying to become the new Marion Jones � minus the rumors of performance-enhancing drugs. The U.S. sprinter, a two-time world champion, specializes in the 200 meters, but is also expected to compete in legs of the 400 and 1,600 relays. Allyson says that she�s motivated because she was nicknamed �chicken legs,� but her legs look more like those of an Olympic goddess to us.
4. Jennie Finch - Jennie Finch is the face of softball at the Beijing Olympics not only because of her all-American good looks, but because the 6-foot-1 pitcher unleases balls of fury at an incredibly fast speed of 65 m.p.h. Softball is being taken off the roster of sports after the 2008 Games, so this is your last chance to watch Jennie compete in the Olympics. Don�t miss it.
5. Stephanie Rice - It was a minor scandal when racy Facebook photos of Australian swimmer Stephanie Rice were leaked to tabloids. But she shook off the negative hype to break the world record in the 200m individual medley and win Gold in the 2008 Olympics.
6. Laure Manaudou - A love triangle between swimmers Laure Manaudou (France), her ex-boyfriend (Luca Marin, Italy), and his new girlfriend (Federica Pellegrini, Italy), has sexed up this year�s Olympics. Unfortunately for the French siren, the scandal appears to have hurt her game as she came in dead last in Sunday�s 400-meter freestyle. We�re not sure what�s bothering her more: the nude photos and video of her that leaked on the Internet or her ex-boyfriend�s new girlfriend beating her world record in the 200 meter freestyle. Scandalous!
7. Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor = Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are trying to become the first-ever beach volleyball duo to win repeat Olympic gold medals, and the defending champions have looked smokin� hot throughout their quest. When Kerri and Misty beat Norway earlier today, it marked their 104th straight victory. This calls for another butt-slap from President Bush!
8. Alicia Sacramone - No gymnast has ever looked better falling off the balance beam than Alicia Sacramone. The 20-year-old gymnast, who has seven career world medals, may have cost the U.S. team a gold medal. But her sad statement (�I will have to live with my mistakes�) and the repentant look in her big brown eyes has already made us forget all about it. After the Beijing 2008 Olympics, Alicia will return to Brown University, where she majors in Sociology.
9. LoganTom - Logan Tom, a 27-year-old outside hitter of Chinese-Hawaiian descent, was the driving force behind the U.S. volleyball team�s win over Venezuela yesterday. In volleyball, Logan, who is competing in her third Olympics, has done it all: She started out playing for Standford University and worked the international pro circuit before stripping down to a bikini to dabble in beach
10. Amanda Beard - In the 2008 Summer Olympics, Amanda Beard may be remembered more for the naked posters of her anti-fur campaign than for swimming. The two-time Olympic gold medalist and U.S. team captain failed to advance out of preliminaries in the 200-meter breaststroke, despite being the defending Olympic champion in that event. If Amanda�s swimming career is on the wane, the 26-year-old is hot enough to fall back on modeling: She�s already posed for Playboy, Sports Illustrated and FHM.